Monday, December 15, 2008

Over thinking the shoe throwing

So a crazy reporter with a weak sense for self-preservation threw his shoes at President Bush. Funny Youtube video, many of us who are none to fond or our POTUS are having a good laugh.

A lot of people only see the humour of an absurd occurrence. I think it is horrifying that the guy could get the second shoe Prezward before the Secret Service muckled him.

What if the hurler had decided to use a pistol or IED rather than a shoe to make his point? Do you think Obama would be able to pull out of Iraq if the sitting POTUS was assassinated there?

1 comment:

solobreak said...

You know, I don't like the guy, but I admit I was impressed by the quick duck. I've heard all these stories about how he's a great athlete and all that, but assumed it was bull. He moved pretty quick when he had to though. Imagine if it were McCain, Hillary, or Obama? Would have been death (McBain) or drama (the other two).